Topic: Morning Jane | By CJP | November 20, 2007
Janes, a new study by Knowledge Networks drills down past the overall poll numbers and asks how voters are really evaluating the candidates. The numbers show that:
- Republicans are looking more closely at candidates’ policy positions, while Democrats are weighing personality traits more heavily.
- Hillary Clinton is the first choice AND last choice for Democrats to take bowling or on vacation.
- Barack Obama is considered the most likable among the eight Democrats, while Rudy Giuliani scores highest in the GOP field. Pitted against each other, Obama wins the contest 54% to 45%.
- Seems like good news for both, but will it translate to votes?
- Janes, are you making your choice based on who you like as a person, who you think can win or who you think can do the job? [Click on the comments section to tell us what you think, and don't miss our Candidate Compare charts to see where the candidates stand.]